- Philips Coral Care
- Master Soil
- CO2 Art
- Reef Factory
- Bubble Magus
- Pacific Sun
- Shrimp King
- Natural Products
- The 2Hr Aquarist
Where To BuyRETAILERS
Pacific Sun- Phyto Plankton Reactor
Phytoplankton (Micro-algae) cultivation unit. The Phytoplankton reactor is a simple system for producing plankton in a natural food chain. Within the plankton light reactor, micro-algae are produced with light, fertilizer and CO2. The micro-algae can be fed directly to many filter-feeding invertebrates, and especially to zooplankton. The growth rate of the micro-algae in the plankton light reactor is enormous. If the supply of light, CO2 and nutrients is continuous, the biomass of the algae may increase four-fold within 24 hours. Both fresh- and saltwater species of phytoplankton can be cultivated.
Phytoplankton reactor lid include three inputs which can be used as :
- air supply – generate natural movement of water inside reactor
- co2(carbon dioxide) input – natural “fertilizer” for phytoplankton
- phytoplankton liquid output – connected to dosing station can feed your aquarium with plankton every day/night
- fresh/saltwater input – for refilling reactor column with new water
The reactor cap has a vent allowing the reactor to “breathe”. The lower part of the reactor is equipped with a specially profiled cone to facilitate the collection of ready (mature) liquid as well as the removal of dead algae from the reactor chamber.
Reactors available are in three different versions:
- PR 70/110 – small size reactor – perfect for home use. Capacity: 5 Liters. Size: 150x190x750mm.
- PR 70/150 – medium size reactor – ideal for shops/small farms. Capacity: 9.5 Liters. Size: 190x220x750mm